An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cat Adjusts to New Home: Dash's Update

Dear Greyce,

Just an update from me to let you know how things are going. I've gone from being terrified of new things (like the treadmill) and adjusting to Skeeter and being in a house instead of a cage. So many changes! And both Skeeter and I have been doing very well.

My  temperament has improved with those Star of Bethlehem flower remedy drops. No growling or hissing. 

I do still jump on counters and the dining room table, but we're working on it.

I did have a peeing accident in the stairwell yesterday but there hasn't been one in a couple of months.

We also have another smaller toy in the kitchen, to help keep our claws away from the furniture upstairs.  We are slowly starting to use this toy, though Skeeter loves to scratch it.

Themselves are very conscious of exercising me and ensuring that my schedule stays to a routine as much as possible. 


We Are Pals!
Skeeter and I have become great partners in crime.  Every now and then I still want to keep playing with him when he is no longer interested. However Themselves are great at playing with us individually or recognizing when I need a new stimulation.

I do really get wound up or come alive in the evening. There have been some incidents where I have jumped on Herself and bit her leg; but I was really aroused with play and she dropped something
in the sink that scared me.  Or when Himself has tried to separate Skeeter and I in an intense play session, I continue to jump and play on his arm.

Of bonus noteworthiness, Herself did run on that noise machine known as the treadmill in the basement  while I stayed upstairs with the basement door closed.  I was curious as to the noise, but handled it really well. Isn't that amazing?

Just thought you would like to know.

Purrs,
Dash


Wow Dash!

You are AWESOME! Congratulations on your good work.

With admiration,
Greyce