An opinionated feline in Edmonton, Canada who lived with a retired cat behaviourist, Greyce provided behavioral advice to cats in need until her death in July 2014. Because her entries are useful even today, the blog remains posted.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

An Octopus Makes It Right!

Dear Greyce, Although it hasn't been very long since you posted your blog about me (Oliver's Twists, 3/4/10), I am already noticing a change for the better. Or maybe it's my humans who have noticed the change because they haven't been such good prey as of late. They took your advice so they no longer react when I am biting them and instead blow in my face (which is worse than dog germs!). Needless to say, I haven't been biting much anymore. Okay, I confess, I still do it if I am REALLY angry but now I'm down to a nip rather than a lockjaw bite. They seem to regard this as a great improvement.


As you suggested, all of my humans have been spending more time playing with me. Herself went out the other night and to my kitty delight, brought home a three-story sisal scratching post AND a fishing pole toy that makes my whiskers curl! It is a fuzzy octopus with a hard head (rattle inside) and crinkly arms just like the crackling plastic bags I love; it's long enough for me to wrap all of my limbs around. I can bite that octopus head as hard as I want - just like I used to do to human arms. And I don't have to worry about anyone getting upset with me. I am REALLY HAPPY!

Here is a picture of me with my favourite toy: the pipe cleaner.

I haven't had a chance to pose with the octopus yet but I thought you'd like to know how we are doing.

Oliver




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dear Oliver, You ARE behaving wonderfully. I LOVE good news stories. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment